‘Growing Together. Empowered to be more.’
Urmston Primary is a happy, outward-facing school at the heart of the community. Our kind and caring children and staff make every moment matter and are proud to be part of our school. Pupils take responsibility for their choices and actions and urge others to do the same, being respectful of people’s uniqueness at all times. All staff support the children on a journey to becoming resilient to failure, realising that mistakes are part of learning, make them better people and help them be the best that they can be, academically, personally and socially. Our children’s desire to improve means that they love a challenge and support each other to achieve, with kindness and the passion to make the world a better place being the main motivator.
These values are embedded into our school culture, our learning environment and our curriculum: To be…
Happy - Respectful - Kind - Responsible - Proud - Resilient
- To provide engaging, high-quality learning opportunities which meet the needs of all pupils and lead to excellent outcomes and high standards.
- To allow each pupil to learn in a rich and positive learning environment, receive a curriculum entitlement that is not only broad, balanced and relevant, but engaging, exciting and intriguing.
- To inspire our children to be confident, curious and inquisitive learners, with pupils being encouraged to investigate, ask and answer questions and state their opinions.
- To nurture the children’s self-esteem through experiencing friendship, positive praise and being part of a culture of honesty, justice and tolerance.
- To enhance children’s independence as well as their sense of responsibility in the world, developing a sensitive awareness to the needs of others.
- To ensure each child understands and experiences equal regard for themselves and others, that we promote tolerance towards all others and a willingness to share and co-operate, promoting equality and respect for identity, characteristics and background of others and their differences, both locally and globally.
- To create a disciplined school environment in which children are proactive in behaving positively and making a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others.
- To collaborate closely with parents to nurture each child academically, personally and socially, learning essential life skills and laying a firm foundation for future learning.
- To promote links with our school and enhance wider community involvement.
- To offer high-quality leadership and organisation, including governance, which ensures the best possible outcomes for our children.