We are passionate about inclusion at Urmston Primary and so provision for children with SEN is of paramount importance. Our SENDCo is Mrs Jane Helyar and she can be contacted through the main office on 0161 748 4362 or email@example.com. Please see our SEN Policy and if you have any further questions, do please ask.
SEN Information Report
Trafford Local Authority have lots of information about how they can support children with Special Educational needs and Disabilities.
This is called the ‘Local Offer’.
You can find more information on Trafford's SEND Local Offer here:
SEND Autumn Newsletter
Early Help and Family Support Newsletter Summer 2019
There are lots of organisations out there who support families and children with various issues, including mental health and wellbeing. Some of these are listed below:
- www.youthmentalhealthmatters.net and on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- www.sarietaylor.com - for anxiety, stress and worry
- www.talklistenchange.org.uk - improving emotional wellbeing
- www.cwmt.org.uk - Depression
- https://www.tdas.org.uk/ - Domestic abuse service
- www.nas.org.uk - National Autism Society
- http://asgma.org.uk/ Autistic Society Greater Manchester
Many children may present as having difficulties with their speech and language. Please see below if you have any questions or concerns...
CALM mentoring scheme for parents and carers
Offering immediate and consistent support to families in need of a listening ear. This can be found at https://www.facebook.com/CalmConnectionsCIC/ and then join the Family Support group.